The impact of Covid-19
Strategies and Supports
Every Child Conference 2020 is titled The impact of Covid-19: Strategies and Supports. This year’s intent is to offer an opportunity to share the successful stories of policy experts, school leaders, researchers, and educators during the Covid emergency.
More than any other time in our recent history, we are aware of what is truly “essential” for every child and especially for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. We are all concerned about the significant impact the Covid-19 public health crisis is likely to have on our children’s early development and early childhood education.
This year we’ve compiled a series of presentations to provide innovative strategies and supports for families and educators and to support the needs of every child. The discussion will be led by experts in Italy and the US who have created opportunities for training educators, clinicians, and inclusion proponents in this new reality.
10:30 – 11:15 am PST / 1:30 – 2:15 pm EST / 19:30 – 20:15 CEST
- Welcome from Francesca Morabito, President of Commission for Language and Culture Comites SF
- Welcome from Lorenzo Ortona, Consul General of Italy in San Francisco
- Welcome from Dr. Anna Zeppieri, Head of Education Office at the Consulate General of Italy in San Francisco
11:15 am – 11:45 am PST / 2:15 – 2:45 pm EST / 20:15 – 20:45 CEST
- Paola Aiello – University of Salerno, Italy
Introduction to Autism
- Raffaele Ciambrone – Education Inspector, former Director of the Office on Inclusion of Pupils with Special Needs and Foreign Pupils at the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (2011-2018).
Title: The Italian way to inclusive education
11:45 am – 12:15 pm PST / 2:45 – 3:15 pm EST / 20:45 – 21:15 CEST
- Prof. Costanza Colombi – University of Michigan and Stella Maris Pisa
Title: Autismo a Distanza – Emergenza Covid
12:15 pm – 12:45 pm PST / 3:15 pm – 3:45 pm EST/ 21:15 – 21:45 CEST/
- Prof. Giacomo Vivanti – Associate Professor in the Early Detection and Intervention research program at the A.J. Drexel Autism Institute
Title: Strategies for quality play with young children with autism during Covid
12:45 pm – 1:15 pm PST / 3:45 pm – 4:15 pm EST/ 21:45 – 22:15 CEST
- Prof. Michael Siller – Associate Professor, Division of Autism and Related Disorders, Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine
Title: Managing an Inclusive Lab Preschool during COVID-19: Meeting Challenges and Finding Opportunities
1:15 pm – 1:45 pm PST / 4:15 pm – 4:45 pm EST/ 22:15 – 22:45 CEST
- Irene Russo – Vice President of Every Child nonprofit organization
Introduction to Every Child Berkeley
- Filippo Montalbano – Director of Every Child Berkeley
Every Child Berkeley Project
Facebook live – HERE
Please RSVP HERE